Tips for Prius owners to increase fuel mileage:
Don't forget that Dave's Auto Repair can keep your Prius efficient and green for many years to come! Give us a call at 941-371-5981 to schedule an appointment now!
- 1) Use the right oil! Toyota recommends it's own 0w20 in all Prius applications (we stock genuine Toyota 0w20 oil & filters!). All oils are not created equal so be sure to use the right oil.
- 2) Toyota recommends not overfilling ............ When it is at it's best level, it should read .2 under the full mark.
- 3) Be sure to replace tires with "low rolling resistance: tires whenever they are worn.
- 4)Inflate tires to 42 pounds in the front & 40 pounds in the rear
- 5) Change the cabin air or pollen filter at Toyota recommended intervals. Hard to believe but this will improve the efficiency o f the air conditioning by using less energy & therefore increasing fuel mileage!