Expert Battery Service in Sarasota Since 1978
All sorts of issues on your vehicle can be related to a battery problem. This makes the battery one of the first places that mechanics check when you are having electrical, connectivity, or numerous other system malfunctions. At Dave’s Auto Repair, we have provided battery service for countless customers. Read on further for more information:
When Should You Replace a Car Battery?
- If your car won’t start
- Indicator/Warning light for battery or charging system is illuminated
- Electrical components not working properly
How Do Properly Trained Mechanics Replace a Battery?
- Install a temporary power source to preserve the stored data in the PCM while the battery is out (unless completely dead)
- Remove the vehicle’s negative cable from the battery, followed by the positive cable
- Carefully inspect the cable ends and wiring to make sure they are clean with no corrosion.
- Install the new battery and the tie-down system.
- Some models, such as certain BMW, VW, and Audi, vehicles may require PCM programming for inputting battery parameters.
- The vehicle is then started and the charging system output is measured against factory OEM specifications to guarantee that the new battery will recharge properly
Is it OK to Drive With a Battery Problem?
Although it may technically still be safe to drive with a faulty battery, it is still not ideal. While it’s not the type of problem that will lead to you losing control of your vehicle in the middle of the freeway, it still may leave you stranded in a parking lot somewhere.
Dave's Auto Repair also offers preventative maintenance for batteries. It's a battery service we offer during the inspection if we see signs of corrosion on the terminals. This service offers an anti-corrosive chemical that dissolves the corrosion, from there we also install wool pads on your battery for preventative maintenace.
For assistance with a battery service or any other automotive maintenance or repair work, get in touch with the trained experts at Dave’s Auto Repair. You can reach us at 941.371.5981. You can also bring your car by and let us take a look at it in person by heading over to 4547 Bee Ridge Road, Sarasota, FL 34233.